ASEAN C.A.R.E.s is the first-of-its-kind ASEAN-Wide initiative, focusing on the Sustainability and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry in support of the National Youth Council.
As the ASEAN Youths of today enter an increasingly globalised and interconnected job market, it is important that they are equipped with cultural intelligence and are supported by quality mentorship opportunities for them to be able to face the challenges and thrive in a 21st century workplace.
With these challenges ahead, The Global Citizen Education Group aims to provide youths with the opportunity to network and learn from professionals in different markets and sectors from across ASEAN.
With an emphasis towards recovery in the Post-COVID world, the first season will focus on 2 main industries – Sustainability and Information and Communications Technology (ICT), inviting industry professionals from Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines as mentors.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Develop deep cultural intelligence through engaging with industry professionals and be ASEAN-ready in your professional lives.
- Discover opportunities to interact with industry professionals in Sustainability and ICT sectors from across ASEAN.
- Experience virtual platforms and formats to be ready for the 21st century workspace through hands-on learning experience.
- Acquire insights on the diverse working culture in ASEAN.
Criteria to apply:
- Open to youths in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Aged 15 to 35 years old.
- Passionate about the sustainability or the ICT sectors and have demonstrated proactiveness in these related fields.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (Both written and spoken).
- To attend all the programme’s events, masterclasses and meetings.
- To commit to the three-month-long programme with sustained participation to the end.
- Nurture the next generation of ASEAN-ready leaders and make meaningful impacts.
- Actively engage youths and have direct access to potential young talents for talent development and recruitment opportunities for your organisation.
- Be recognised as a partner for this initiative and all its marketing and publicity collaterals.
Criteria to apply:
- Open to professionals with at least 2 years experience in a sustainability or ICT-related field of position in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia or the Philippines.
- Interested in empowering youths in their sustainability or ICT-related profession and personal explorations.
- Willing to share their knowledge about their career paths and personal experiences.
- To attend the opening and closing events.
- To commit to mentoring a group of 2 to 3 youths throughout the 3-month long mentorship, including virtual meetings (Bi-weekly, for 3 months).
- To share knowledge, skills, values and experiences with youths.
|7 June – 2 July 2021||NIL||Application and Selection process|
|14 Aug 2021||1PM – 6PM||Opening Event|
|18 Sep 2021, 16 Oct 2021||1PM – 6PM||Masterclasses|
|13 Nov 2021||1PM – 6PM||Closing Event|
*We will be reviewing your applications on a rolling basis and would highly recommend getting your application in as soon as possible! Successful applicants will be notified of the subsequent steps via their registered email.
HOW TO APPLY