ASEAN C.A.R.E.s (2nd Edition) is an initiative by The Global Citizen Education Group (TGC EG) which aims to connect youths and industry mentors from across ASEAN by providing them a platform for mentorship opportunities. We aim to inspire change and make a difference by transforming every learner into a global citizen, to enable youths to be ASEAN-ready in their professional lives.
As the ASEAN Youths of today enter an increasingly globalised and interconnected job market, it is important that they are equipped with cultural intelligence and are supported by quality mentorship opportunities for them to be able to face the challenges and thrive in a 21st century workplace.
With these challenges ahead, The Global Citizen Education Group aims to provide youths with the opportunity to network and learn from professionals in different markets and sectors from across ASEAN.
This three-months mentorship program provides youths with the opportunity to network and learn from professionals in different markets and sectors from across ASEAN. Furthermore, our platform would offer MasterClasses on working culture, market insights, and other relevant knowledge and skills to enable youth to be ASEAN-ready in their professional lives.
After a successful first run of ASEAN C.A.R.E.s which brought together 45 mentors from the Sustainability and ICT sectors and 100 youth mentees from Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines, we are excited to launch the second edition of ASEAN C.A.R.E.s which commences on February 2022.
The second edition runs from 19 February to 28 May 2022, focusing on 4 main industries – Sustainability, Edtech, Fintech and Media & Communications and industry professionals from Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand will be invited to join as mentors.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Develop deep cultural intelligence through engaging with industry professionals and be ASEAN-ready in your professional lives.
- Discover opportunities to interact with industry professionals in Sustainability, Edtech, Fintech and Media & Communications sectors from across ASEAN.
- Experience virtual platforms and formats to be ready for the 21st century workspace through hands-on learning experience.
- Acquire insights on the diverse working culture in ASEAN.
Criteria to apply:
- Open to youths in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Aged 15 to 35 years old.
- Passionate about the Sustainability, Edtech, Fintech or Media & Communications sectors and have demonstrated proactiveness in these related fields.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (Both written and spoken).
- To attend all the programme’s events, masterclasses and meetings.
- To commit to the three-month-long programme with sustained participation to the end.
- Use Lark as the main communication platform for the duration of the program.
- Nurture the next generation of ASEAN-ready leaders and make meaningful impacts.
- Actively engage youths and have direct access to potential young talents for talent development and recruitment opportunities for your organisation.
- Be recognised as a partner for this initiative and all its marketing and publicity collaterals.
Criteria to apply:
- Open to professionals with at least 2 years experience in a Sustainability, Edtech, Fintech or Media & Communications field of position in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia or Thailand.
- Interested in empowering youths in their Sustainability, Edtech, Fintech or Media & Communications-related profession and personal explorations.
- Willing to share their knowledge about their career paths and personal experiences.
- To attend all compulsory cohort meetings.
- To commit to mentoring a group of 2 to 3 youths throughout the 3-month long mentorship, including virtual meetings (Bi-weekly, for 3 months).
- To share knowledge, skills, values and experiences with youths.
|Date||Time (GMT +8)||Program|
|12 Dec 2021 – 5 Feb 2022||NIL||Application and Selection process|
|19 Feb 2022||1.00 PM – 6.00 PM||Opening Event|
|12 Mar 2022, 9 Apr 2022||1.00 PM – 6.00 PM||Masterclasses|
|28 May 2022||1.00 PM – 6.00 PM||Closing Event|
*We will be reviewing your applications on a rolling basis and would highly recommend getting your application in as soon as possible! Successful applicants will be notified of the subsequent steps via their registered email.